Saturday, June 28, 2008

Me love you long time

It is Sunday morning just after breakfast as I write. I am feeling pretty good considering the amount of alcohol consumed yesterday. Aaoron is from Arizona, America. He is doing the course too and had just arrived. I showed him around the parts of Chiang Mai I had discovered. We had our first beer around noon and basically saw no reason why we shouldn't continue drinking. It lashed rain around 3.00pm and the locals looked on as one Paddy and one Yank stood out in the rain, faces upturned getting soaked to the skin. Very refreshing indeed. When it stopped raining our clothes dried in a matter of minutes.

After many, many, many beers were consumed we chanced upon a karaoke bar. There were many, many, many beautiful Thai women standing outside giggling and smiling at us. Anyhoo Aaoron and I ended up sitting inside the bar as all the girls were lined up in front of us and we had to pick one each to be our companions as we tried to decide which songs to sing. It was all in good fun and we had a bit of a laugh. After about two hours of boozing and talking to these giggling beautiful creatures I decided that maybe it was time to go home.

When the bill was presented to us it was a bit more than expected. In fact we hadn't got enough cash on us. I wrote ATM on the bill and handed it back. They asked me for my credit card and I said that I didn't have one. So next thing I know I am riding pillion on a motorbike as one of the girls weaves with consummate ease through the traffic of Chiang Mai. I get the cash and we go back to the bar. After making the payment the girl whom I was sitting with asks if I would like her come home with me. A very kind offer indeed but just like the reporters in the News of the World I made my excuses and left. Some of the girls stood with us at the side of road as we tried to hail a tuk-tuk. One of them kept putting her hand on my beer belly and saying 'You have baby, you have baby.' What a cheeky mare!

The hostel was closed when we got back and we had to keep banging on the door until someone let us in. So that was a good night really.

Today we are all meeting at this hostel at 1.00pm to be picked up and taken to where we are doing the teaching course. So it's time to hit the books and may God have mercy on us all!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ya dirty stop out - keep that up and you'll be skint in no time! Looking forward to hearing the "adult version" of that story ...

And I thought I was your only karaoke buddy ... Just as long as you didn't do "Lovely Rita" (the song, that is) I'll forgive you.